Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Quick thoughts

There is a saying "The Heart wants what it wants".

I don't know if I like it.  Frankly, if the heart (or my heart) had its way, I'd be in a whole mess of trouble.  I think we all would.  Our hearts are no more perfect then we are; as a matter of fact, I think my heart would make several bad decisions, going only by emotions, if my head wasn't someone willing to assist in life.

I was planning on going into details about my thoughts and feelings on this topic, but then I changed my mind.  I could tell you my opinions about my heart and men, those in need, my family and friends--

But I won't.  I am going to jump topics--as I'm prone to do.

In one week I leave for Nashville to meet my hero, Ted Dekker, at a writer's conference.  I can't wait.  I want to learn so much.  I love his writing and I emulate him in my own.  I'll give more details later, but I just cannot wait.

My last thought is that I'm thinking of working on some short stories for the almost dozen of you that read this blog.  I've got a few ideas; I just have to make sure they aren't too long!  So hopefully that's something to look forward to!

Short and sweet!

No comments: